Technical Support Engineer
Fortinet is looking for Technical Support Engineer please check below details and update your profile with Fortinet.
Fortinet is growing and we are expanding our EMEA technical support teams in our Technical Assistance Centre, we are looking for strong level 3 technical support engineers. We require candidates with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; to gather and analyze information and to skillfully develop alternative solutions for customers.
All positions require excellent oral and written communication skills. Oral communication skills include the ability to speak clearly and persuasively, to listen carefully to ensure full understanding of the situation, and to respond well to questions when dealing with both positive and negative situations. All positions also require the ability to write clearly to provide full information as well as to understand and interpret written information.
**Please note that this is not an IT/system administration position.
- To provide direct technical support via the phone and web based systems to our customers and partners though-out the EMEA Region.
- Investigate and resolve the most complex technical issues involving Fortinet products
- Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment in order to find solutions or report issues to R&D
- Work closely with R&D departments to resolve product issues
- Manage & resolve technical cases escalated from other support levels
- Creation of technical documentation and bulletins to improve internal and external knowledge base
- Take initiatives and ownership of the problem to drive for results
- Act as Subject Matter Experts on designated Fortinet products
- Provide internal advanced training to support staff on SME products
Skills and Attributes Requirements:
- Good knowledge of data networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP, routing and switching
- Strong experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti Spam, virus scanning
- Administrator level working knowledge of Windows, Linux or Unix skills an advantage
- Good knowledge of VMware and/or other virtualization technologies
- SQL or other database knowledge an advantage
- Good understanding of Web application concepts, security and vulnerabilities
- Software development skills an advantage
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, oral & written
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- 8 years or more experience
- Minimum of a BS or BA degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Advanced knowledge of English (written and spoken) other languages are an advantage
If you looking for IT,Software or application development jobs in Dubai than Please check above requirements and update your profile if you meeting the required things