Position Details Job Purpose
Direct Reporting Line Fleet Superintendent
- Technical Operations
- Responsible for the overall management and technical operations of the vessels under his responsibility. This includes overseeing the daily maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey scheduling, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking when required.
- Ensure Company owned, and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Ensure the assigned vessels are fully operational technically or otherwise managed accordingly to the management agreement requirements.
- To maintain the classification status of the vessels under his charge and to ensure that the survey status reports are sent to the vessels on a monthly basis.
- Support and monitor effective implementation on-board Planned Maintenance System (NS5) to ensure cost effective management of this function.
- Ensure that Vessels PMS is being operated and reported in the manner prescribed in the company’s QA system.
- Budget responsibility for technical elements of the assigned vessels.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of vessel anchor handling machinery, winches, cranes and other fixed equipment on board.
- Responsible for overseeing the installation and certification of 3rd party equipment, such as Diving, ROV and other temporary equipment required for daily operations.
- Liaise with Vessel Masters and Chief Engineers in order to provide technical advice and assistance.Identify and source most price/quality technical and operational supplies for day-to-day maintenance and/or breakdowns.
- Co-ordinate and supervise service repairs, utilizing approved sub-contractors and ensure all such repairs are completed in a timely and satisfactory manner and within the vessel’s set operational budget.
- In conjunction with the Regional Management and Shared Service Technical Support, assist in the preparation of individual vessel dockings, survey’s, budgets and plans.
- Ensure all relevant information regarding a vessel defect/repair/maintenance are updated in the PMS system.
- Liaise with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance.
- Liaise with the Purchasing department to ensure that purchase requisitions are being tracked and expedited in a timely manner. Report to Fleet Superintendent when delays have the potential to impact on vessels
- Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections and submit reports.
- Responsible for keeping the technical library onshore updated
- Ensure IMCA guidelines and “best industry practices” are adhered to at all times.
- Oversee and give input to prepare tender documents including establishing costs/budgets/programs and be
- part of subsequent bid/tender evaluations
- Contribute to the appraisal and selection of repair yards and technical service providers.
- Carry out appraisals of Chief Engineers on board his vessel at end of their contract.
- Other Maintain high technical knowledge and ensure personal development through training and self-development.
- Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
- Participate in annual review and evaluate projects to determine success and how improvements can be made
- in the future report and present findings.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Minimum Qualifications: Unlimited STCW ’95 Chief Engineer’s license (Motor) sea going vessels or Level
Minimum Experience: Minimum 2-3 years’ shore experience in a similar position or 2-3 years’ sea- going work experience as Chief Engineer.
- Experience on AHTS / Offshore Supply / Offshore Tug / Dive Support Vessels /
- PSV or Construction Vessels.
- DP vessel experience will be highly advantageous.
Job Specific skills:
- Knowledge of Planned Maintenance System or Project Management Software
- STCW Certificates must be valid at all times.
- Familiarity with ISM / ISPS is a must.
- Computer literacy with good knowledge of Microsoft office incl. MS
- Projects and CAD.
- Excellent qualitative, quantitative analytic and problem-solving skills.