IT support technician
For all staff in school we share a responsibility to ensure that children are safe and properly supervised at all times. Our school is committed to ‘amazing learning’- providing enjoyable and meaningful learning experiences so that every pupil makes as much progress as possible. All staff are expected to adhere to The Aquila Professional Code of Conduct and commit to promoting our vision – ‘A happy community school with amazing learning at its heart where pupils are empowered to make choices, engage in meaningful learning experiences and make exceptional progress’
We are looking for an IT support technician to assist with all aspects of the school infrastructure as well as supporting teaching and learning across the school.
The Aquila School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
Key qualities and skills:
- To be able to develop positive working relationships with all members of the school community
- To be able to use initiative, be flexible, fun, fast proactive and positive
- To have a solid grasp of how to ensure all school IT systems work effectively to support learning and the day to day running of the school
- To ensure that the school ICT infrastructure efficiently and effectively to support learning and the day to day running of the school
- To support teachers in delivering amazing learning making effective use of technologies
- To provide support for all staff in the school
- To have a positive impact on the work of the school
Key duties include:
Systems and Networks
- Assisting with the networks, hardware and software across the school
- Assisting with the wireless networks, considering the school’s needs and providing coverage in all the teaching and working spaces
- Assisting with the school’s IT security and fire walls
- Supporting the school’s management information system Engage
- Setting up ICT systems and passwords etc.
- Assisting with the maintenance of virtual services and environments for hosting network servers and operating systems to ensure reducing hardware and running costs and improving maintenance tasks, performance and troubleshooting
- Supporting the schools phone, email and internet
Security and Compliance
- Assisting with the maintenance of procedures and policies regarding the data backups and their recovery for the school.
- Setting up the appropriate firewall systems and web filters at the school to facilitate safe internet access to the students
- Assisting the Head of IT to define ICT usage policy at the school including email policy, internet policy, acceptable use of ICT policy and hardware usage policy
- To be on hand to support staff and students alike with any IT issues or support requirements that arise
- To coach, mentor and develop the skills of all staff as required
- Assist with the administration of systems for the reporting of IT issues
- To work with the team to account for all the IT equipment (software and hardware) at the school by maintaining a full inventory of assets and implementing systems to secure equipment.
- To provide feedback on up to date research and test modern technologies that could support improvement in the school, ensuring the systems in place are fit for purpose and offering the school best value.
In addition, all staff are required to carry out any tasks required by the school or the regional office to facilitate the smooth day to day running of the school
To be line managed by the head of IT and the school principal
Hours of work- 7.15am to 4:00pm Monday to Thursday & 7:15am to 12:00noon on Fridays, plus occasional evening and weekend work
Holidays – 30 working days per calendar year
If you looking for IT,Software or application development jobs in Dubai than Please check above requirements and update your profile if you meeting the required things