IT Manager – MEA
We are actively recruiting for the position of IT Manager – Middle East and Africa (MEA) to be based in Dubai, UAE. This role will be covering South Africa, North Africa, Middle East (including Pakistan) regions and Saudi Arabia. The MEA IT manager will lead the Information Technology department within the area. The successful candidate will report into the Information Technology Director, Europe, Middle East, Africa.
The overall mission includes:
- Support the achievement of European and Regional business objectives through efficient and effective application of Information Technology, with priorities managed according to the IT business plan.
- Identify, promote, & implement IT solutions to build and sustain competitive advantage and growth opportunity to 3M in the marketplace in MEA.
- Participate in the IT Steering teams to ensure that IT delivers the services and solutions required by the regional business plans, and to encourage the appropriate exploitation of the solutions available.
- Participate as a member of the European IT Management Committee and work closely with the IT Director, Europe to provide leadership and direction for European projects, common standards, architectures, and the optimum utilisation of the total European IT resource.
- Business Plan: Contribute to the success of 3M’s Pan-European and Area business objectives through the effective use of IT resources, according to the European IT Master Plans.
- Ensure the objectives of the European/Global Application Plan are met in the assigned Region, by providing effective organisation and allocation of resources (human, financial and technical). This includes implementation of European and Global system solutions (while ensuring full compliance to local legal/fiscal and market requirements) as well as development of local system solutions, where appropriate.
- Direct the use of IT to assure effective linkages with 3M’s customers and suppliers and other partners to enhance competitive position, customer service and related business goals.
- Service & Support :
- Ensure the region delivers excellent service levels (availability, response times, and support) to mission critical applications, across different technical platforms.
- Ensure a cost effective and efficient computing and communications infrastructure to support 3M’s long-term needs in the region and in Europe. This infrastructure includes computer rooms, power supplies, air conditioning, computers, network, workstations, software, systems and procedures to ensure a quality production service for both regional and European processing requirements.
- Ensure the security and integrity of the company’s data and computing environment.
- Internal & External Communication:
- Ensure that IT is fully contributing to the achievement of 3M business goals through good communication with Regional management. Raise awareness and knowledge of IT throughout the Region to ensure full participation of all employees in current and future systems and services.
- Facilitate the IT communication between the various application and infrastructure delivery teams based at the region, European and global levels.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Proven experience as IT Director or similar role
- Experience in managing IT Organisation at a Regional level would be an added advantage
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Outstanding Communication Abilities
- Fluency in English
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Knowledge & experience in SAP
- Flexible to travel within the MEA Region (Upto 30%)
If you looking for IT,Software or application development jobs in Dubai than Please check above requirements and update your profile if you meeting the required things