AUH – IT Support Officer A2(L)
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi has a vacancy for an IT Support Officer (ITSO). The jobholder will maintain the Embassy’s IT network and to provide IT support to the user community.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as liaison between local users, Help Desk in the UK, and other IT stakeholders.
- Help protect the security of the system and ensure that potential breaches of security are reported and investigated.
- IT asset management
- Manage active directories – Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practice regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies and procedures for system administration and appropriate use.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level IT support to the user community.
- Proactive maintenance and support of the Embassy’s IT network, desktops, laptops, network, servers, mobiles and other infrastructure.
- Ensure maximum availability of the Embassy’s IT systems by troubleshooting and resolving IT problems.
- Mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on workstations, laptops, mobiles, printers, scanners and other peripherals. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Supervise visiting engineers and third party contractors.
- Assist with projects such as office moves, telephony projects, satellite equipment upgrading and their deployment and testing, and to support the development teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Undertake the day to day operation of backups.
- Take part in Embassy emergency planning and response to a crisis.
Key competencies required:
- Managing a Quality Service – Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Effectively planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service.
- Delivering at Pace – Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Leading and Communicating – Leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
- Collaborating and Partnering – Creating and maintaining positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. Working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Excellent English communication skills, both speaking and writing
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in IT
- Working knowledge of maintaining and troubleshooting networks
- Working knowledge of administering user accounts and passwords, setting group permissions, etc.
- Experience of installation and maintenance of desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and server hardware and software
- Excellent customer support and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and deliver results in a high-pressure environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite of applications
- Working knowledge of Windows 10 and troubleshooting.
Application deadline Application deadline – day Application deadline – month Application deadline – year
Grade A2 (L)
Type of Position Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week 38
Region Middle East & North Africa
Country/Territory United Arab Emirates
Location (City) Abu Dhabi
Type of Post British Embassy
Number of vacancies 1
Starting monthly salary (AED) 11,108
15 October 2018Other benefits and conditions of employmentThe Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of annual leave per annum, on-site parking and on-site swimming pool, gymnasium, and sports facilities.Salary is at AED 11,108 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 14:30 from Sunday to Thursday.
Applicants must be current residents of the UAE and with a valid Emirates ID.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents along with their online application form:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter or in the Motivation section of the application form. Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is at 11:55 PM UAE local time on 11 August 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next stage of the application process will be contacted. Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around three months.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce, and valuing difference.
If you looking for IT,Software or application development jobs in Dubai than Please check above requirements and update your profile if you meeting the required things