Assistant ICT Engineer
GEMS is looking for Assistant ICT Engineer please check below details and update your profile with GEMS.
Facilitate and provide IT support to all Administrative and Educational staff. Facilitate the use of systems/applications Intranet and Internet to all users and insures best practices.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Install, configure and maintain servers, PC’s peripherals, IT tools/equipment, packaged software, antivirus, utilities, software tools and software patches.
- Install, administer and upgrade the computer network infrastructure.
- Ensure all new equipment is functional before it is distributed.
- Troubleshoot problems arising from hardware, software, application systems, networkinfrastructure virus and security related attacks.
- Set up equipment in offices, classrooms, and labs.Set up accounts and profiles for all users.
- Respond to emergency calls to classrooms for equipment, software and network problems and provide technical support for software projects at school.
- Assign priorities to problems reported, based on the severity and communicates with the concerned parties (GEMS-IT, vendors, suppliers, etc.).
- Communicate with users in assessing their on-going needs, recommend best practices, effective solutions and implement to produce desired results.
- Set up and ensure compliance of procedures related to daily backup and other periodic routines – Software patches, data transfers/interchange, port/ import/ export and restoration from backups when required.
- Maintain records and manage site licenses for all software purchased.Notify GEMS-IT when upgrades/ renewals are required.
- Maintain a current inventory of hardware, software and passwords.
- Coordinate and interact with GEMS-IT for all school matters related to IT policy, systems integration and networking (group wide), IT- infrastructure, purchases, upgrades, warranty, condemnation and replacements, new technology and requirements, technology plan and budget.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors
Qualifications: Degree in Computer Science
Desirable certifications: MCSE, MCSA, CCNA
If you looking for IT,Software or application development jobs in Dubai than Please check above requirements and update your profile if you meeting the required things